Solid wood doors are made of precious species, coupled with excellent craftsmanship and durable properties, and they have a high collection value. Therefore, it is also important to do a good job of maintenance. Otherwise, it will affect the beauty of solid wood doors and reduce the service life.
Methods of maintenance
- To remove the door surface stains, a soft cotton cloth wipe should be used, Or it is easy to scratch the surface with a hard cloth. For stubborn stains, you can use neutral detergent, toothpaste, or a furniture cleaning agent. Remove the stain immediately after wiping it dry. Do not use water to rinse.
- In order to maintain the surface luster and service life of the solid wood door, furniture maintenance wax shall be used regularly, such as once every six months. When waxing, use bottled white wax and brush evenly on the surface of the solid wood door with a soft rag.
- In spring and winter, good indoor ventilation shall be maintained to keep the solid wood door in a normal temperature and humidity environment, to prevent the deformation of the solid wood door due to excessive humidity and temperature difference, and to prevent metal fittings from rusting, edge sealing, and the fall off of finishing materials. In winter, the indoor temperature should not be too high (it is better to keep it at about 20 degrees). Do not use electric heaters or other heating equipment near the wooden doors to prevent them from being heated and deformed.
- Maintaining the optimum humidity and temperature can prevent wood doors from cracking deformation. Humidification methods in addition to maintaining indoor air circulation, you can also install an indoor air humidifier or keep a few potted plants to regulate air humidity.
- Remember not to hang heavy objects on the door or let children hang on the door to play to prevent the hinges lose, the door from sagging, and shorten the service life.
- When opening or closing the door leaf, do not use too much force or open the door at too large an angle. This will not only damage the solid wood door but also hurt people with serious.
- When maintaining solid wood doors with glass, take care not to infiltrate the cleaning agent or water into the glazing bead to avoid deformation. If the glass is broken, it must be repaired by professional maintenance personnel.
- Pay attention not to rub too much at the corners of the wooden door. Otherwise, the corner paint will fall off.
- Do not often use your hands with water stains or other solutions to open the wooden door to avoid discoloration of the door lock.
- To maintain the surface gloss and service life of solid wood, doors should be regularly cleaned and dusted. And the surface can be cured with a special curing liquid for wooden decoration products.
- When painting the wall, cover the solid wood door. Avoid peeling and fading of solid wood door finishing materials caused by painting, which will affect the overall beauty.
- Solid wood doors shall not be exposed to strong sunlight for a long time, which will make the paint discolored, aging, or peeling.
Above are the solid wood door cleaning and maintenance methods and daily use attention. Hope it will be helpful to you.